Diabetes Education & Medical Nutrition
The Diabetes Education/Medical Nutrition Therapy office is open Monday through Friday. Our dietitians see patients referred to our office on an as needed basis. In addition to type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes, the dietitians are also available to assist patients who require medical nutrition therapy for chronic or acute illness where specific nutrition and diet information will be helpful.
The Diabetes Education/Medical Nutrition Therapy team includes:
- Kayla Wagner, Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
- Janice Spies, Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
- Julie Hamre, Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
(requires physician referral)
- New diabetes diagnosis (gestational, type 1 and type 2).
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Insulin starts.
- Blood glucose monitoring.
- Medication adjustments.
- Diabetes diet education.
- Lifestyle education.
- Insulin pumps.
- Continuous glucose monitoring.
- Yearly follow-ups.
Nutrition Education Services
Accepts referrals for:
- Weight loss.
- Heart disease.
- Renal disease.
- And all other diagnoses where patients can benefit from nutrition education.
Inpatient Dietitian Services
Nutrition risk screening including assessment of:
- Weight status.
- Estimated nutritional needs.
- Appropriateness of diet.
- Assessment of past medical history.
- Labs and medication pertaining to nutrition.
- Recommendations for nutritional needs.
- Parenteral and enteral nutrition needs are calculated as needed.
Back to top