[Fergus Falls, MN and Elbow Lake, MN] To ensure excellent patient care as well as family and visitor safety, Lake Region Healthcare and Prairie Ridge Healthcare teams are working around the clock to stay on top of the evolving COVID-19 situation. We are monitoring the COVID cases in our communities very closely and adjusting our visitation guidelines as needed.
Based on current status in our communities, we have made the decision to modify visitor restrictions to allow for one visitor per patient beginning January 22nd. The updated allowance for limited visitors is one of many steps the organization is making to continue with wise precautions while listening to and meeting patient & family needs. The new guidelines are:
- One visitor at a time will be permitted per adult in our hospitals and clinics. Children are allowed 2 legal guardian/parent visitors.
- All patients and visitors will be screened according to current guidelines before being allowed to enter our facilities. This includes temperature checks and a screening for signs & symptoms.
- All patients, visitors and staff must wear a face mask at all times. We encourage you to bring your own mask, or we will provide one to you if needed.
- We ask that there be no congregating in lobby or café areas.
- For hospitalized patients, only one visitor in the building at a time (unless approved for special circumstances as noted below) and a limit of 2 different visitors per 24-hour period to reduce exposures and create a safe environment for our patients & staff.
- No visitors under the age of 16 are allowed at this time.
- Emergency Room & Walk-In Clinic
- One designated visitor during the duration of the visit. The designated visitor should stay in the exam room and not come and go to reduce exposures.
- No visitors for COVID + or suspected COVID patients
- No congregating in lobby and cafeteria.
- To protect our littlest patients, the Women’s & Children’s Health Center has the following visitor restrictions in place:
- Labor/Mom/Babes – Father of baby/support person AND a labor coach for the duration of patient’s stay.
- Pediatric Patient – One or both parents/guardians.
- GYN Surgical Patient – One visitor throughout their stay.
- Mill Street Residence Assisted Living Facility - Updated 2/3/21 With the County positivity rate falling below 5% and no positive test results for staff, tenants and their Essential Caregivers over the past two weeks, Mill Street Residence has re-opened to in-house visitation. Visitors are to call and schedule the visit with the front desk, dialing 739-2900, and giving at least 24 hours’ notice. Visits will take place in our private dining room on main floor, may last for up to 45 minutes in length, and are limited to no more than three visitors per tenant at one time. At the front door, visitors will be screened for temperature and COVID-related questions/symptoms. Masks are required during the visit and will be provided to visitors as needed. Appointments are available between 10 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- The Cancer Care & Research Center remains temporarily closed to all visitors until further notice to protect the health of those patients & employees who face the highest risk of illness. The Cancer Center clinical staff will review patient requests for consideration of an accompanying visitor in special circumstances. Friends and family of Cancer Center patients are encouraged to communicate with loved ones remotely through phone calls, Facebook or video conferencing as much as possible.
- Compassionate exceptions for end-of-life care, childbirth, and other case-by-case situations will be made in consultation with the clinical teams involved and allowed at their discretion.
About the Lake Region Healthcare Enterprise
The Lake Region Healthcare enterprise is comprised of Lake Region Healthcare, an independent community-governed non-profit headquartered in Fergus Falls, the Mill Street Residence Assisted Living Facility in Fergus Falls, and the non-profit critical access hospital, Prairie Ridge Hospital and Health Services headquartered in Elbow Lake. With over 100 medical staff and over 1,000 employees, we are dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of our communities with values of Excellence, Person-Centered, Collaboration, Stewardship, Integrity, Respect and Innovation. Together we bring specialty and sub-specialty services to patients at hospital locations in Fergus Falls and Elbow Lake and at clinics in Ashby, Barnesville, Battle Lake, Evansville, Herman, Hoffman, and Morris, MN. For more information visit: www.lrhc.org, www.prairiehealth.org or www.millstreet.lrhc.org.