Bills are due upon receipt. We offer several payment options for your convenience.
- Pay within 30 days of statement date and receive a 10 percent discount on owing balance,
- Pay within 6 months of statement date.
- Automatically debit from your checking/savings account, fill out this form to designate an account.
Lake Region Healthcare also provides an affordable loan program to pay out-of-pocket hospital expenses, including high deductibles and insurance copayments. The loan program is offered by ClearBalance®, the healthcare industry's leading provider of consumer-friendly patient loans:
- No annual fees or prepayment penalties.
- ClearBalance® doesn't impact your credit.
- Making a payment is simple—24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pay by check, debit or credit card, via mail, phone or online at myclearbalance.com.
We accept payments:
- Online through our Manage My Account link.
- By mail using the envelope and stub on your bill statement.
- Drop box behind the Federal Courthouse building in downtown Fergus Falls.
- In person at the Business Services Center (south of the hospital building at 126 E Alcott in Fergus Falls).
- In person at the Clinic Registration desk at 111 W. Vernon Ave in Fergus Falls.
To consolidate your billing statements for multiple family members, fill out this form to apply for a single monthly statement that includes charges for all family members you designate.
Frequently asked questions
Does Lake Region healthcare accept my insurance?
We will file your claims to your insurance company as authorized by you; however patients and/or families should contact their insurance company regarding any concerns you have about coverage and benefits. You are responsible for payment of services not authorized by your insurance company.
What does in-network and out-of-network mean?
In-network health care providers have contracted with your insurance company to accept certain negotiated (i.e., discounted) rates.
Out-of-network providers have not agreed to the discounted rates and the patient responsibilities for out of network providers will be higher.
My insurance company is denying my claim because they did not receive a provider's referral letter. What should I do?
Talk with your primary care provider's office. They need to send information about your treatment/condition to your insurance company on your behalf to authorize services to be paid.
What if I can't pay my balance in full?
Bills are due upon receipt and we offer several payment options for your convenience. Please contact one of our patient financial services representatives at 218.736.8000 or 800.439.6424 to set up a payment plan. Options include:
- Pay within 30 days of statement date and receive a 10% discount on owing balance.
- Pay within 6 months of statement date.
- Utilize the interest-free loan program. Lake Region Healthcare provides an affordable loan program to pay out-of-pocket hospital expenses, including high deductibles and insurance copayments. The loan program is offered by ClearBalance®, the healthcare industry's leading provider of consumer-friendly patient loans.
What do I do if I need a copy of my charges?
Who do I contact if I have questions or concerns regarding my insurance payments?
You should contact your insurance company directly. Their contact information can usually be found on the back of your insurance card.
Who do I contact regarding my bill, payment arrangements, address change, insurance information or to make a payment?
Please contact one of our patient financial services representatives at 218.736.8000 or 800.439.6424.
Why do I have to give my insurance information every time I visit LRH?
We ask for your information every time you visit LRH to ensure that our records are accurate and up to date. Patients and or employers change insurance carriers with great frequency. To process your bill quickly and accurately, we ask for your insurance information every visit to gives us the opportunity to verify your current insurance coverage.
Why did I receive a bill from LRH for a provider I didn't see?
There could be a couple reasons. You may have received services at another facility for cardiology services, and receive a statement from Lake Region Healthcare because our cardiologist is providing the service at that location. Or, you may receive services at a surrounding location such as Alexandria, Wadena and receive a statement from Lake Region Healthcare because a Lake Region Healthcare provider assisted in interpreting some portion of your visit.