Resources about the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Appointments are for people 65 and older only at this time.
- We will not take vaccine appointment calls prior to 1:30pm on Wednesday the 24th.
- We are not taking names for a waiting list.
- Call volumes are very high during appointment windows, please be patient.
- All vaccines are by appointment only, no walk-ins are accepted.
- Do not arrive for your appointment more than 15 minutes early.
- There is no cost to the public for the COVID-19 vaccine. An administration fee for costs related to administering the vaccine will be sent to the patient’s insurance as appropriate. If it is not covered or insurance is not available, this fee will not apply to any co-pays and is not passed on to the patient.
- A previous relationship with an LRH or PRH provider is not required and vaccine appointments are open to all people, regardless of insurance coverage or provider relationship.
What to Expect at Your Vaccine Appointment
- Do not arrive for your appointment any earlier than 15 minutes to help ensure social distancing.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is being provided at no cost, however we will ask for insurance information to submit an administration fee to your insurance company if applicable. If insurance does not cover this fee, it will not be passed on to you.
- You will be asked to complete this consent form prior to receiving your vaccine.
- Depending on which vaccine you will be receiving, you may wish to read the appropriate fact sheet prior to arriving.
- Plan to sit for 15 minutes of observation after you receive your vaccine. If you have allergies, you will need to sit for 30 minutes.
- Read this document for more details about potential side effects to watch for after receiving your vaccine and how to sign up for the VSafe program.
Q&A About the Vaccine
This vaccine, which has two doses, is critical in saving lives, stopping the spread of coronavirus, and ending the pandemic. You can learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and its safety at the links below.
Horizon Public Health Vaccine Resources (Grant, Stevens, Douglas, Pope & Traverse County)