Our dietitians see patients referred to our office on an as-needed basis. In addition to type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes, the dietitians are also available to assist patients who require medical nutrition therapy for chronic or acute illness where specific nutrition and diet information will be helpful.
(Requires physician referral)
- New diabetes diagnosis (gestational, type 1 and type 2).
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Insulin starts.
- Blood glucose monitoring.
- Medication adjustments.
- Diabetes diet education.
- Lifestyle education.
- Insulin pumps.
- Continuous glucose monitoring.
- Yearly follow-ups.
Our Registered Dietitians (RD) are nutrition experts who help provide high-quality care to prevent disease and maintain health. Our goal is to provide vital food and nutrition services while helping people make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) Makes a Difference
Improved health outcomes using MNT by RD's have been published in the areas of diabetes, hypertension, disorders of lipid metabolism, HIV infection, pregnancy, chronic kidney disease and unintended weight loss in older adults. In addition, RD's have demonstrated improved outcomes to related to weight management in these areas:
- Studies show MNT provided by an RD to overweight and obese adults for less than 6 months yields significant weight losses of approximately 1 to 2 pounds per week.
- MNT provided form 6 to 12 months yielded significant mean weight losses of up to 10% of body weight with maintenance of this weight loss beyond 1 year.
- Overweight/obese individuals who received MNT provided by RD's in addition to an obesity-=related health management program that included physician visits, nursing support, and educational materials and tools, were more likely to achieve clinically significant weight loss than individuals who did not receive MNT.
For more information on the effectiveness of MNT services visit www.andevidencelibrary.com/MNT.
We accept referrals for:
- Weight loss.
- Heart disease.
- Renal disease.
- And all other diagnoses where patients can benefit from nutrition education.