Medication therapy management
If you or a loved one is concerned about the medications you are currently taking, Lake Region Healthcare's Medication Therapy Management service can help.
What is medication therapy management?
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) provided by your pharmacist can help you avoid drug interactions and unwanted side effects and prevent hospital admissions. These private appointments provide a full review of all of your medications (prescription, over-the-counter, herbals and vitamins) to make sure your current drug therapy is both safe and effective. Any questions that you may have about your medications can be answered during this time. These meetings may take 30 minutes or longer. You are welcome to have a caregiver, or someone who is a part of your medication routine, accompany you.
Why is MTM important for me?
Managing your health can be more difficult if you are taking multiple medications. Visiting with a pharmacist trained in MTM can help you answer questions like these:
- Why am I taking these medications?
- Are my medications working the way they should?
- Can I do anything about the side effects?
- Am I taking them in the right order and at the right time of day?
- Are my medications interacting with each other?
- Are all of my medications really making me feel better?
- How are my medications affecting my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar?
Your MTM pharmacist will review your health status and treatment plan. This will help your pharmacist make sure that:
- You are taking only the medications you need.
- You are taking the correct amount of medicine at the right time.
- Your medications are not interacting with each other.
- Any vitamins, supplements or over-the-counter drugs you are taking are safe and effective.
- You are not spending more than you need to for your medications.
Who can schedule an appointment?
MTM is available to anyone who is concerned about their own or a loved one's medication use.
Can I afford MTM service?
Currently this service is no charge if ordered by your provider. Please call 218.736.8199 if you have questions on referral for this service.
Where can I meet with a pharmacist for this service?
Lake Region Healthcare offers multiple ways to meet with a pharmacist.
- One can set up an appointment with a pharmacist in the clinic or in the hospital pharmacy department offices.
- If you live near Barnesville, ask about our telepharmacy services, which allows you to meet with a pharmacist located in Fergus Falls without having to make the commute.
Our MTM pharmacy team
- Todd A. Johnson, PharmD.
- Mark Dewey, PharmD, BCGP, FASCP.
- Kayla Duberowski, PharmD, AE-C.
- Kayla Vigen, PharmD.
- Justice Witt, Pharm.D.
- Kevin Reedstrom, Pharm.D.