Joint Care Center
We have created a dedicated space on the second floor for a very dedicated team of joint replacement specialists. Our new Joint Care Center is centered on one thing: you. Specifically on helping you improve the quality of your life. We aim to provide exceptional patient experiences with superior outcomes. Through teamwork, innovative techniques, education and effective rehabilitation, we are able to help joint replacement patients return home and get to living more active lifestyles.
The Joint Care Center offers a unique team approach focusing on group activities, therapy, meals and support as a cornerstone of healing and recovery. The dedicated team of physicians and staff take pride in providing the quality of care that gets you back into the community and enjoying life.
Features of our Joint Care Center
- Board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon.
- Highly trained registered nurses and rehab therapists who specialize in the care of joint patients.
- A dedicated joint care coordinator who facilitates patient care from the pre-operative phase through discharge and recovery.
- Private rooms designed with patient comfort in mind.
- Family and friends educated to participate as coaches in the recovery process.
- A comprehensive patient guidebook that includes information on the plan of care prior to surgery through discharge and outpatient recovery.
- A pre-operative class for the patient and coach to help them feel confident in what to expect before, during and after the surgery.
- Emphasis on group activities as well as individual care.
- Group lunches with your coach and other joint patients.
- Coordinated after-care program and follow-up.
- Reunion luncheons for former patients and coaches.
- Educational and motivational tools, such as a tracking board for walking progress and daily newsletters for the patient and family members.
Contact our joint care coordinator to learn more about upcoming classes and seminars and to get answers to your questions about our Joint Care program.
*Blue Distinction Centers (BDC) met overall quality measures, developed with input from the medical community. A Local Blue Plan may require additional criteria for providers located in its own service area; for details, contact your Local Blue Plan. Blue Distinction Centers+ (BOC+) also met cost measures that address consumers' need for affordable healthcare. Each provider's cost of care is evaluated using data from its Local Blue Plan. Providers in CA, ID, NY, PA, and WA may lie in two Local Blue Plans' areas, resulting in two evaluations for cost of care; and their own Local Blue Plans decide whether one or both cost of care evaluation(s) must meet BOC+ national criteria. National criteria for BOC and BOC+ are displayed on www.bcbs.com. Individual outcomes may vary. For details on a provider's in-network status or your own policy's coverage, contact your Local Blue Plan and ask your provider before making an appointment. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any Blue Plans are responsible for non-covered charges or other losses or damages resulting from Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or care received from Blue Distinction or other providers.