Everyone deals with stressors in life, but sometimes those stressors can get too big to handle alone. It’s OK to reach out for help if you are feeling depressed, anxious, overwhelmed or even panicked. Seeking psychiatric treatment is a sign of strength and can be the first step in taking care of yourself and regaining control of your life.
Our psychiatry department at Lake Region Clinic Services is growing to meet the mental health needs of our community. We’ve added three new psychiatric providers to our team, making it easier for you to see someone for a complete diagnostic assessment and medical treatment recommendations you may need.
The psychiatry department works collaboratively with your primary care provider to provide holistic care. A complete array of outpatient behavioral health services is available which may include medications and/or psychotherapy. If psychotherapy is recommended, information to access these services will be provided.
Symptoms that may indicate a need for a full mental health assessment by a psychiatrist include:
- Prolonged depressed mood.
- Thoughts of self-harm or injuring others.
- Sudden marked changes in mood.
- Anxiety or panic attacks that are uncontrolled and interfere with daily life.
- A sudden onset of severe forgetfulness or inability to concentrate.
- A sudden inability to care for one's self.
- Concerns about personal safety.