Licensed occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants offer a variety of occupational therapy services to meet our patients' needs in an outpatient setting. They work with adults who, because of physical, developmental, social or emotional conditions, need specialized assistance to help restore independent and meaningful lives. The main focus of an occupational therapist is to work with patients to help them achieve fulfilled and satisfied lives through the use of purposeful activity or interventions designed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
How occupational therapy benefits you
Occupational therapy is a skilled service that helps people achieve their highest level of independence. Our services include customized interventions developed to help the patient achieve a safe level of functioning in the following areas:
- Basic self-care skills, such as bathing, dressing, feeding, homemaking, work and leisure activities as appropriate.
- Cognitive retraining to promote safety with everyday activities.
- Education on range-of-motion and muscle-strengthening exercises to assist with achieving functional outcomes.
- Recommendations/education on adaptive equipment that may be used in everyday life to maximize a person’s potential to reach a functional and safe independence.
Occupational Therapy Specialty Services
Our Occupational therapy areas of specialty include:
- SOS feeding for pediatrics
- Hand therapy
- Cognitive assessment for Dementia with Speech Therapy
- Concussion Management
- Driver Rehabilitation
- LSVT - Parkings