Lake Region Healthcare offers a variety of physical therapy services on the acute rehabilitation unit to meet our patients' needs.
Our physical therapy services are provided by licensed physical therapists and physical therapy assistants. The goals of physical therapy are to restore or achieve optimal movement and function. Patients' treatment programs are based on their evaluation and geared to meet their specific needs, goals, functional abilities and lifestyles.
Physical therapy services include:
- Neuromuscular re-education.
- Balance and trunk control in movement and walking.
- Falls prevention programs.
- Body mechanics.
- Ambulation and transfer training.
- Pain management.
- Restoring joint mobility.
- Education specific to patient needs.
- Equipment assessment and recommendations.