Our surgeons and surgical staff are committed to providing patients with comprehensive, high-tech, compassionate care in their own community. A dedication to excellence and safety in the operating room is evident as the team works together for positive outcomes that enrich life through health for every patient.
Family and caregivers are an integral part of surgery as well. You will be connected with a surgery liaison and a tracking monitor that displays the current status of your loved one's procedure. A comfortable waiting area stocked with cookies, coffee, TVs, computers and Wi-Fi is also part of ensuring a positive surgical experience for everyone involved. Vending machines are located near the hospital cafeteria.
Currently, our surgical specialties include:
- Orthopedic and joint replacement.
- Ear, nose and throat.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Obstetric and gynecological (including laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy and endometrial ablation).
- Wound care—Clinic with certified wound care nurses every Tuesday at noon.
*For prep instructions and FAQs, call us at 218.736.8049 during business hours or at 218.205.8492 for after-hours concerns.
Many general, orthopedic, and podiatric surgeries are also performed by our surgeons at the Elbow Lake and Morris Medical Centers. Ask your doctors about the options available closest to home for you.
Meet Our Surgeons
- General Surgery: Julianne Gutzmer, MD, Luke Holkup, MD, and Timothy Mahoney, MD. Offering inpatient & Outpatient general, laparoscopic and emergency surgeries for appendix, colon/rectal, gallbladder, hemorrhoid, hernia, trauma, breast, chemotherapy port, trauma, and more. Plus minor office procedures such as cyst & lipoma removal.
- General Surgery and GERD/Reflux Solutions: Dr. Lorant Divald
- Orthopedic and Joint Replacement: Jason Glynn, MD, and Chris Rott, DO.
- OB/GYN: Michael Norgard, MD, and Wesley Borowski, MD.
- Ophthalmology: Steve Thom, MD.
- Podiatry: Naomi Schmid, DPM, and Stephen Schmid, DPM.
- Spine: S. Jared Broadway, MD.
Helpful Information for Families
- Vending machines are located near the café on the hospital ground floor.
- Waiting room is located on the second floor of the clinic in the the Same Day Surgery area.
- List of area hotels.