Lake Region Healthcare (LRH) surgeons and staff are committed to providing patients with comprehensive, high-tech, compassionate care in their own community. Our surgeons are experienced and dedicated to both excellence and safety in the operating room.
Family and caregivers are an integral part of the surgery as well. You will be connected with a surgery liaison and a tracking monitor that displays the current status of your loved one's procedure. A comfortable waiting area stocked with cookies, coffee, TVs, computers and Wi-Fi is also part of ensuring a positive surgical experience for everyone involved. Vending machines and a Caribou Coffee Bar are located near the hospital cafeteria.
Currently, our surgical specialties include:
- Orthopedic and joint replacement.
- Ear, nose and throat.
- Obstetric and gynecological (including laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy and endometrial ablation).
- Wound care—Clinic with certified wound care nurses every Tuesday at noon.
Meet Our Surgeons
- General Surgery: Jeffrey Horak, MD, Julianne Gutzmer, MD and Timothy Mahoney, MD.
- ENT: William Porter, MD.
- Orthopedic and Joint Replacement: Jason Glynn, MD, and Chris Rott, DO.
- OB/GYN: Michael Norgard, MD, Brett Larson, MD, and Wesley Borowski, MD.
- Ophthalmology: Brian Schmidt, MD, and Steve Thom, MD.
- Podiatry: Naomi Schmi, DPM, and Stephen Schmid, DPM.
Helpful Information for Families
- Vending machines are located near the café on the hospital ground floor.
- List of area hotels.
- Waiting room is located on the second floor of the clinic in the the Same Day Surgery area.